CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 13, 2012

Jumping Back in! Freebie too!

Apologizies for my absence. It's been a whirlwind. After finishing up our year we began preparing for Common Core Standards. So I've spent some time this summer attending workshops and foraging other blogs and websites for CCSS ideas. While this will be a lot of change-I'm super excited about it too.
 One of the workshops I attended was by Sue O'Connell. She provided a wealth of hands on math ideas and modeled number talk very explicitely.  Our district VERYgenerously purchased her book for us, which comes with a CD of her blacklines for math games. All are editable for your needs. I'm looking forward to getting started with that. Here's her link if you'd like to check it out. http://www.qualityteacherdevelopment.com/teacher_resources.php
We are also getting these ten frame - which Sue O'Connell recommended for modeling in groups.

 
Magnetic Foam Ten Frames
Click here to see where to purchase these  magnetic foam ten frames!




Before cleaning up my room and preparing for summer, I sent many of our resources for the fall to the copy center. One of my favorite teaching tools, which my assistant uses with her small groups is my Alphaworks letter sorting book. There are 26 letter poems, circle maps for sorting letter sounds, and this year we included handwriting and sentence practice too. (The handwriting pages are from Scholastic.)
Here's what the book looks like after the copy center prints and binds it. Such a wonderful resource. Check it out by clicking on the picture.


Click on the picture to learn more.



Finally, I have created some word cards to go in a small apple pocket chart. We spend the first few weeks of the new year discussing quality work and how to use our school tools safely and properly. I display a Quality Work rubric/poster for the year as a reference to students of what quality work looks like. I think these cards will be a great addition to my poster and will also serve as a visual reminder of direction words as well. (Sorry I don't have a picture of my Quality Work poster-but I'll take one the next time I'm at school.)

Click for your FREEBIE!

Enjoy!
Lisa



2 comments:

  1. LOVE the Alphaworks packet! I just gave you an award. Please come over to my blog to get more info!

    :) Amy
    http://whoooloveskindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy! I'm heading to your blog now!

    ReplyDelete